SAR Portfolio Directors
Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR)
Portfolio Directors Announcement, 2021
Desiree Morgan, MD, FSAR 2020–2021 SAR President
SAR is growing rapidly—in membership and impact. We are expanding our year-round activities in education and research, and learning quickly as we adapt to the all the transitions in our world and profession. The SAR Board of Directors would like to engage as many of you as possible in these exciting changes, and to empower our incredible members to help shape the future of the society. Therefore, we are thrilled to announce the creation of 6 new SAR leadership positions!
Click each portfolio to learn more:
Board Liaison: Director of Clinical Practice (Kate Maturen)
Veritas Partner: Ryan O’Sullivan
Committees: DFP/ETC Oversight Committee
Hands on Course ad hoc Committee
Thematic Mission: Function in support of DFP/ETC oversight chairs and DFP operations; lead strategic initiatives pertinent to advancing Abdominal Radiology clinical practice through efforts of the DFPs, ETCs, and Hands on Courses; and report to the SAR Executive Board through communications with the Director of Clinical Practice and Veritas Partner.
Board Liaison: President Elect (Cheri Canon)
Veritas Partner: Lisa Aguado
Committees: Education Program Committee
Thematic Mission: Assist the SAR President Elect in creation of the Annual Meeting plenary sessions, support the two educational workshop coordinators’ efforts; help to create and facilitate other special educational events at the annual meeting; and report to the SAR Executive Board through communications with the President Elect and Veritas Partner.
Board Liaison: Director of Education (Frank Miller)
Veritas Partner: Carrie O’Connor
Committees: Online Education Committee
Website Oversight Committee
Thematic mission: Oversight of all web based education including webinars and on demand materials; support the efforts of committee chairs, work in conjunction with meeting education to lead in the creation of enduring material programming after the annual meeting, liaison to the Abdominal Radiology journal leadership; and report to the SAR Executive Board through communications with the Director of Education and Veritas Partners.
Board Liaison: Director of Science (Amy Hara)
Veritas Partner: Lisa Aguado/Carrie O’Connor
Committees: Scientific Program Committee
Research Awards Committee
Thematic Mission: Assist the Director of Science in creation of the Annual Meeting scientific sessions; support the two scientific program coordinators’ efforts; lead the process for selection of scientific presentation and poster awards; facilitate research incubation efforts; and report to the SAR Executive Board through communications with the Director of Science and Veritas Partners.
Board Liaison: Director of Finance and Engagement (New SAR Board Member to be announced March 2021)
Veritas Partner: Carrie O’Sullivan
Committees: IEC/Laufer VP Selection Committee
International Task Force
Social Media Committee
Corporate Support Committee
Thematic Mission: Assist the Director of Finance and Engagement on the society’s outward facing affairs by working to support the committee chairs; help with future strategic initiatives related to outreach; collaborate with the ACR councilor and (new) ad hoc Practice Parameters Committee; and report to the SAR Executive Board through communications with the Director of Finance and Engagement.
Board Liaison: Director of Finance and Engagement (New SAR Board member to be announced March 2021)
Veritas Partner: Carrie O’Sullivan
Committees: Rules and Bylaws Committee
Early Career Committee
Resident and Fellows Section
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Thematic Mission: Assist the Director of Finance and Engagement on the society’s internal affairs by working to support the committee chairs; help with future strategic initiatives related to engagement; support the efforts of the (new) ad hoc Wellness Committee; and report to the SAR Executive Board through communications with the Director of Finance and Engagement.
The 6 SAR Portfolio Directors will each operationally supervise a thematically related set of activities and committees, and work closely in a triad with a single SAR Board member and Veritas staff member.
- Portfolio directors will play a critical role in the new structure of the SAR, addressing member and Society needs, bringing forth new ideas and helping to expand the mission of the Society
- A second major goal of the program is the development of SAR’s future leaders
- Ideal candidates will have experience as an SAR committee member or chair, possess excellent skills for communication and collaboration, and understand that this is a time commitment requiring daily or weekly attention and prompt availability
- The initial applications will be solicited this spring and terms will begin in July 2021. In later years, applications will be solicited in June and terms will begin at the SAR spring meeting
- Interested SAR Fellows may self-nominate or nominate colleagues
- The application is simple: a CV and your letter of interest regarding the specific position
- Send your application in PDF format to Carrie O’Connor by April 15, 2021
- Portfolio Directors will be invited to serve for a 3-year term, with the possibility of extension based on SAR and portfolio needs
- We are eager for your feedback and questions, and will solicit input on the SAR website, as well as in an upcoming webinar and the SAR business meeting in March
We encourage qualified members to contribute to SAR by applying for a Portfolio Director position today!
(DEADLINE: APRIL 15)
TO APPLY, simply send a PDF of your CV and a one page letter of interest to Carrie O’Connor (email@example.com).
- The letter of interest should include the Portfolio Director position for which you are applying, current and past roles within SAR, leadership experience, and other experience relevant to the portfolio of interest
- You may apply for more than one position – please indicate which portfolios in the letter of interest