Effective Date May 25, 2018
The Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR) is committed to protecting your privacy. The SAR will operate abdominalradiology.org and any related mobile application, product or service by the following principles. By entering into the SAR website and official related external pages, you provide your consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with the terms of this policy.
Purpose of this Policy
This policy is designed to protect you, our users and members, by informing you about what personal data is collected, how we will use the information collected, how long we keep it and how to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information. The policy also outlines how we use any personal data we collect about you when you use the website, register as a member, register for an educational activity, or complete any related SAR forms.
What Information We Collect
All information collected is at the will and discretion of the user, and is provided voluntarily by the user in accordance with the informational needs of each scenario. When existing personal information in our database is incorrect or incomplete, that information may be updated by the user directly or via written request through the SAR office.
Registration and Member Information – When you apply for Society membership or register for an educational activity, we will collect personal data as necessary to offer and fulfill the services you request. Depending on the services you choose, you may be required to provide the SAR with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and other identification information to establish a membership/educational activity registration account. You may be required to provide the SAR with additional personal data in order to use its services to the fullest extent.
Any personal information you provide to the SAR will not be processed or disclosed by the SAR except as permitted by this policy or as required or allowed by applicable law or legal process. You may be asked for personally identifiable information when completing one of the following forms (including but not limited to):
- Application for membership
- Registration for the meeting
- Registration for an educational activity
- Application to participate in a special program
- Volunteer interest for committees
- Mailing list subscription
- Abstract submission
- Complete a survey
- Additional forms as necessary for other scenarios not specifically listed
When you use the SAR’s services or access its websites (for example, to pay membership dues or educational activity registration fees) information is collected in order to process the transaction, such as: credit card and billing information, amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services and merchant information, including details about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction.
Nonmember Transaction Information
Certain limited services are available without establishing an account or becoming an SAR member. These limited services are referred to as “nonmember/guest transactions.” We will collect personal data and information about any funding instrument used to complete a guest transaction as necessary to provide user requested guest transactions.
How Your Information is Protected
The SAR contracts vendors whose systems are utilized to engage in educational activity planning and registration and to process payments related to these activities. The SAR will endeavor to protect the security of personal information in such instances:
- Protection of Personal Information – The SAR endeavors to protect the security of data collected through any of its websites or various forms (as listed in the Personal Information section of this policy). The SAR has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online in accordance with industry standards. When the SAR contracts with third parties, it will continue to protect the security of personal information.
- The SAR is not designed to attract children under 13 years of age, and members are required to be 18 or older. Accordingly, the SAR will not knowingly collect or maintain information for children.
How Your Information is Used
The SAR uses your IP address to analyze trends, track a user’s movement through the website and mobile products, and to administer SAR services. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. The SAR also uses Google Analytics to help analyze the performance of our website. None of the data acquired is personally identifiable.
Use of Personal Information and Opt-Out Policy
The SAR uses your personal information to contact you; to enforce, investigate, collect on, and account for transactions related to SAR educational activities; to maintain SAR membership; to adjust the SAR’s offerings of products and services; and to comply with applicable law. If you prefer to be excluded from physical mailing lists or email lists used by SAR, contact the SAR Management Team via email. This opt-out action will need to be completed annually to remain off of any communication from the SAR. Please note the SAR does purchase mailing lists annually from third parties and we do not have the capability to remove your information from those lists.
Other Information We Collect Related to Your Use of Our Sites or Services
We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us in various ways, including email correspondence, phone calls, and voluntary completion of any SAR forms (see Personal Information section regarding methods of data collection).
Disclosure of Personal Information – The SAR may store and disclose personal information as allowed or required by applicable law, including but not limited to making disclosures that are necessary or advisable to: (a) comply with legal process; and (b) protect the rights of the SAR and others (including but not limited to other providers, suppliers and vendors), or the members of the SAR or the public.
Submission of Personal Information Options
Mailing List Opt-In:
- An email address is required. By opting in, you agree to receive communications from us regarding Society activities and information. The SAR will inform you of changes to its website related to membership, education and other programs.
- Anyone has the option to opt out at any time. The mailing list is cleared at the end of the year and a new mailing list is created annually. Please note that if you opt out, this is applicable to that calendar year and you will have to opt out annually from receiving correspondence from the SAR.
- Anyone who has opted into the mailing list can be provided their own information by calling the SAR management office.
- All mailing list information is confidential and not shared or distributed to anyone outside of the SAR’s management office. We do not sell e-mail addresses to third parties.
Information from Third Parties and Integration Partners:
We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you have given permission to those third parties to share your information with us, or where you have made your information publically available online.
- On behalf of the Society, the third party vendor will collect registration information for our educational activities. After completing the registration form, your information is transferred to the SAR and it becomes our responsibility. The registration data that is collected is the property of the Society at all times.
Membership Registration: All information provided when applying for SAR membership is visible to site administrators. The default membership directory settings allow registered members to view certain information of other members, unless the member chooses to modify their personal privacy settings within their membership account. If a registrant’s email address is set to “Private,” it will not be displayed; however, other SAR members will be able to contact the member via the site’s group email system. For publicly accessible member types, site visitors will be able to view any field whose visibility is set as “Public” (visible to everyone). To restrict fields to registered SAR members, members must set the visibility for the field to “Member Only” (visible only to members).
Process to Review and Update Personal Information
SAR members have the ability to review and update their contact information through the membership portal on the SARs website. It is the responsibility of the member to edit their profile or to notify the SAR of any changes to their personal information. Non members may contact the Society to request edits to the contact information on file or request to be removed from current operating records.
All information collected is voluntarily provided to the SAR, presumably by an authorized person. If a user would like to make a change or request, they should contact the SAR in writing. Any requests not received in writing may not be verifiable and the SAR will not be held responsible. If at any time you believe that the SAR has not adhered to these principles, please notify the Society of Abdominal Radiology via mail:
Society of Abdominal Radiology
1061 E. Main Street, Suite 300
East Dundee, IL 60118
or email: email@example.com