SAR Membership Benefits
The Society of Abdominal Radiology serves as the organization for abdominal imagers.
By becoming a member of the SAR, you are eligible to receive the following benefits and eligibility:
- Discounted Registration Rates to the SAR Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting
- Submit Abstracts and Workshops for the SAR Annual Meeting
- Access to Abdominal Radiology, the Official Journal of the SAR
- Access to the online searchable member directory, connecting you to over 1,000 radiologists
- Attain SAR Fellow Status (FSAR)
- Receive Funding for Research Projects
- Serve on committees
- Participate in Special Programs
- And More…
The SAR respectfully asks that all members understand and adhere to the following membership policies:
- Annual dues and profile renewal: In order to maintain continuous membership and remain in-good-standing, all members are required to pay dues and/or renew their memberships annually. Dues may not be ‘skipped,’ if the member chooses not to take advantage of the member benefits that year. For free memberships, this includes review and update of member profile, without payment. Additional dues deadlines may apply in-conjunction with special program and meeting-related participation (see below).
- Expiration and Suspension: All memberships expire December 31st each year. Renewal is required to maintain access, member benefits and eligibility and receipt of announcements. For any memberships outside of the grace period, access will be automatically suspended until renewed. A member may have no more than two consecutive open invoices at any given time (ex: 2015 & 2016).
- Payment Allocation: Dues are applied to open invoices in chronological order (ex: 2015, 2016, 2017, etc.). When up-to-date, the member profile will indicate that it is ‘current through 12/31’ of the current year.
- Discounted meeting registration: In order to receive the discounted member rate for the annual meeting, member dues must be paid-in-full through the year of the meeting, by the start of the meeting (ex: 2016 dues must be paid by the first day of the 2016 annual meeting). If dues are not current, registration will automatically be charged the difference in fees for the non-member rate.
- Participation eligibility: In order to be considered for various Society programs, awards and participation, members may be required to update their dues by a certain date, in conjunction with the application or awarding process.
- Meeting-related deadlines and eligibility: Application deadlines may apply in conjunction with participation and submission deadlines for the SAR Annual Meeting. In order for potential new members to be eligible for the following benefits, a completed application is required by 5:00 PM CST on the dates advertised. If for any reason an application for membership is not approved, the applicable submission will not be eligible; in the case of meeting registration, the non-member rate will be charged. Please visit the How to Join page of the website for these deadlines, and the Annual Meeting page for the applicable meeting guidelines and deadlines for submission.
Deadlines to submit a member application and/or become current in annual dues may apply in order to be eligible for or participate in:
- Educational workshops
- Scientific abstract presentation
- Program faculty membership
- Discounted meeting registration
- Committee membership and leadership
- Fellow (FSAR) membership status
- International Educational Conference (IEC)
- Igor Laufer Visiting Professorship
- Research Grants
- Society Awards
- Additional programs and Society activities